Brainstorm for Ode to a Papermate Pencil:
Observation Inferences
Stop-sign Red --> Substance is important, not so much looks
Wooden -->""
Papermate #2 -->Form follows function, planner-type person
Pretty sharp ---> Cares about maintenance
Eraser works well --> Form follows function
New, bought for school --> Planner-type person
Ode to a Papermate Pencil
My pencil is aptly named. A Papermate, #2 pencil, made of wood and painted a bright, stop-sign red. Granted, it's not the prettiest thing (I'm very picky with the reds I adorn myself with), but it works well as a mate to paper. The wood sharpens nicely, and I would know because I make sure this is done each morning, before a long day of note-taking. The eraser works well, too. I bought this pencil (or rather, this type) in preparation for school because it works well, so I suppose it says that I am a person more concerned with substance and function than forms or appearances.

1 comment:
Nice ode! Oh, and thanks for sharing with the class yesterday!
Post a Comment